The project: Complete 101 tasks in 1,001 days (2.75 years). Most of the tasks are not focused on money or material purchases, but more on the experiences I want to have in my life. Some are realistic goals like graduate from college or pay off my credit cards. Others are more whimsical, like trying macarroons in a new city or escaping on a weekend getaway.
Inspired by Design Darling’s 101 in 1001 list (also known as the Day Zero Project). If you’re interested in joining in – send me a link to your list and we can become a support system for another. So far, other lovely bloggers participating include :
Christy from Living My Life as I Know It! // Alyssa from Castles in Europe (hers is more of a bucket list, but so inspirational!) // Erica from Nomad Heart // Sara from Project Soiree // Holly from Perfectly Imperfect Holly // K.C. from System Dynamics // Sarah from My Mixtape // Elizabeth from Lizzie’s List // Jen from Unscripted // Brianna from Exceptionally quotidian
Check out their lists for inspiration as you create yours. :)
The rules: Document each completed task with a photo on the blog or on a social media page. Then deposit $10 into a savings account for each task accomplished.
Start Date: January 1, 2013
End Date: September 30, 2015
- Come up with 101 Things.
- Put $10 into a savings account for each task accomplished.
- Document each completed task with a photo on the blog and/or social media page.
- Commerate the list by creating a graphic with the 101 tasks. Oh, the memories!
- Finish writing a novel.
- Try a macaroon for the first time in a new city.
Take a day trip to Kansas City, Mo. and try/visit three new things/places.(01.13)
- Go horse back riding.
- Visit Washington D.C. and see all the popular sites.
- Visit Boston.
- See a famous landmark that I’ve never visited before.
Get a facial.(05.13)
- Have a technology-free weekend.
- Complete an old/unfinished project.
- Develop and frame photos from my travels thus far.
- Sew something from scratch.
Take a fitness class, i.e. hot yoga, zumba, etc…(03.13)
- Complete the 90 miles in 90 days challenge. #mileaday!
- Weigh 135 pounds.
- Visit three countries I’ve never been to.
- Complete the No Spend Month Challenge ($150 for the whole month not including rent/electric/water/phone).
- Host a grown-up dinner party and actually prepare the meal myself.
- Learn ten new recipes.
- Visit five new museums and/or galleries. (Nelson Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, Mo. //)
- Complete all three levels of Juliane Michael’s 30 Day Shred.
- Fall in love.
- Read 10 non-fiction books by/about someone I admire (Crazy Love by Francis Chan // Step out of the boat // Start Something That Matters // Gilt)
- Read the entire Bible in one year.
- Shop at a Farmer’s Market.
Graduate from college with a bachelor’s degree!(05.13) Move into my own place(08.13). Pay off my credit cards completely.(03.13)
- Escape on a weekend getaway.
- Go on a picnic.
- Work for one of my dream companies.
Have a photo shoot of me for business cards, website, social media, etc… (05.13)
- Full closet purge: toss/donate/sell anything I don’t wear and leave a cohesive, wearable wardrobe.
Have 500 unique daily visitors on the blog.(06.13) Go ice skating with the siblings.(01.13) Swim in the ocean.(03.13) Bring one of my clothing designs to life. Get paid for writing an article for a major publication(wrote a personal essay for LearnVest). (09.13) Spend one week at a house on the beach doing nothing but reading the Bible and working on my novel.(03.13)
- Abstain from a guilty pleasure for 30 days (Options: junk food, chocolate, etc…)
- Run three miles without stopping.
- Publish an e-book.
Visit the St. Louis zoo.(07.13)
- Attend a ballet performance.
- Design a weekly editorial blog posting schedule and stick to it for three consecutive weeks.
- Collect 10 coffee table books on topics that interest me (4/10)
- Go fishing with my family and learn how to use a fishing pole.
- Go canoeing.
- Learn a challenging piece on the piano (aka, start playing the piano again!).
- Make a piece of art.
- Restore a flea market/thrift store find.
- Complete three DIY projects from my Pinterest board.
- Finish my first year of law school.
- Read a challenging classic like Anna Karenina, Art of War, a Jane Austen novel, etc…
Re-brand the blog, including a new design and offer sponsorships via a media kit. (12.13)
- Start and maintain the Letters to Esther column/campaign.
- Meet a favorite blogger in real-life via a blogger date (any takers?)
- Watch 10 different TED Talks and post a review/analysis for each one on the blog. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
- Acquire a couch and coffee table. Proceed to accessorize them.
- Open an investment account and invest at least $500 in the stock market (aka put the finance degree to use!).
Invest in a pair of Hunter rain boots. As inspired by this lady.(03.13)
- Micro-finance a female-owned business in a third world country via Kiva.
- Become a contributor to another blog and/or online magazine.
- Host a social media workshop for local, small business owners.
- Complete the Whole 30 Challenge.
- Go on a mission trip.
- Complete the Romans Challenge.
- Start a Young Christian Bloggers Network.
- Write a letter to my 16-year-old-self.
Pray for my future husband every day for a month - #PrayerDare.(Inspired by Brianna) (03.13)
- Make photo books of my travels, specifically with photos from London/Paris & Ukraine.
- Back up my computer(s).
- Play hooky from life and spend a day alone to do some soul-searching.
- Join a professional organization and get involved in the local chapter of organization.
Send college graduation announcements and letters to my former teachers, scholarship providers and mentors.(05.13)
- Buy a new camera lens and take more photos. Especially the little details - those little things that make life beautiful.
- Make a book of my Instagram snapshots & memories.
- Attend a blogging conference.
- Post a v-log.
- Do something that scares/challenges me. Something I would never normally do.
- Get something monogrammed.
Buy that domain name, finally!(05.13)
- Create a new list for the next 1001 days!